[rhn-users] gc++ package for RH Enterprise 5 Desktop

Mike Straw mstraw at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jan 18 15:49:27 UTC 2008

Shawn,

Thanks for the email.  Based on your suggestion I did try (as root):

   # yum install gcc-g++

and got back

   Parsing package install arguments
   No Match for argument: gcc-c++
   Nothing to do

As you probably figured out, I'm not very experienced in the Linux System
Admin "thing".  I'm wonder if Red Hat doesn't provide C++ for the "Desktop"
version of RHEL 5 bedause they want you to upgrade to a more expensive
version like RHEL 5 Workstation.

Mike