[rhn-users] problem connection in local with account root

Chandler Wilkerson chwilk at rice.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:29:49 UTC 2008

Good point; I also neglected to read carefully what was going on with
the pam.d files. It looks like GanGan has overridden the default
include of system-auth and set up sshd on its own with a few
modifications like pam_mkhomedir and pam_group.

Okay, the actual pam line that seems to allow local auth is:

account     sufficient    pam_localuser.so

There is also a flag in the "password    sufficient    pam_unix.so"
line, "try_first_pass" that may affect local users.

--
Chandler