[rhn-users] Associate Machines with RHN Entries

Paresh Mutha pmutha at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 12:04:51 UTC 2008

Currently, the contract numbers or order numbers are not tied to
systems, but to the number of entitlements in the account.

The Red Hat Network (RHN) account will support as many systems as the
subscriber has active entitlements. If a contract is not renewed and an
entitlement lapses, a system will be dropped from its base channel in
Red Hat Network. This is done on a last-in, first-out basis. In other
words, the last system registered in RHN will lose its base entitlement
first.

For example, if the subscriber has 3 server subscriptions and 2 desktop
subscription, and one server subscription lapsed, then the last server
system that has been registered would lose its base channel.

In the event that a system loses its entitlement, and the specific
system needs the update more than another system, the next course of
action would be to delete the unwanted system profile then re-assign the
channel entitlement to the system needing to be updated.

Hope this helps.

- Paresh