[rhn-users] Xen guest mappings

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 18:40:50 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Barrett wrote:
> How come when I click on the "Virtual Systems" menu on the left hand
> side under "Systems" my virtual Xen guest don't map to an actual
> physical host in the table that gets displayed.  They all have a light
> gray parent to child line to a row called "Host: (Unknwon Host)".

There could be a couple of things going on here:

1) Is the host registered to RHN? If the host is not registered to RHN,
RHN can't correctly associate it with its guests.

2) Do you have the rhn-virtualization-host package installed on the host
machine and the rhn-virtualization-common package installed on both
hosts and guests? These packages are necessary for RHN to determine the
host<=> guest relationships between systems.

For more information about using virtualization with RHN Satellite
(which I am assuming you are talking about based on your other post)
please see the following whitepaper:

https://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/whitepapers/Satellite500-VirtStepbyStep-Whitepaper.pdf|

~m