[rhn-users] Xen guest mappings

Michael Barrett mike4barrett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:50:30 UTC 2008

------------------------------

   - *From*: Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com>
   - *To*: "Discussions about Red Hat Network (rhn.redhat.com)"
   <rhn-users redhat com>
   - *Subject*: Re: [rhn-users] Xen guest mappings
   - *Date*: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:40:50 -0400

------------------------------

Hi Michael,

Michael Barrett wrote:

How come when I click on the "Virtual Systems" menu on the left hand side
under "Systems" my virtual Xen guest don't map to an actual physical host in
the table that gets displayed. They all have a light gray parent to child
line to a row called "Host: (Unknwon Host)".

>There could be a couple of things going on here:
>

>1) Is the host registered to RHN? If the host is not registered to RHN, RHN
can't correctly associate it with its guests.

>2) Do you have the rhn-virtualization-host package installed on the
host machine
and the rhn-virtualization-common package
>installed on both hosts and guests? These packages are necessary for RHN to
determine the host<=> guest relationships between
>systems. For more information about using virtualization with RHN Satellite
(which I am assuming you are talking about based on
>your other post) please see the following whitepaper:

>https://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/whitepapers/Satellite500-VirtStepbyStep-Whitepaper.pdf
<https://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/whitepapers/Satellite500-VirtStepbyStep-Whitepaper.pdf>|

I didn't have those rpm's installed.  I just installed it on the
RHEL5.1 server host machine.  But my guests subscribe to the
rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-cli and rhel-x86_64-client-5 channels.
That rhn-virtualization-common doesn't seem to be available in those channels?