[rhn-users] PCI Compliant Server Updates

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Fri Nov 21 12:05:43 UTC 2008

Guys,

I have a a cluster of 3 Servers.. two are CentOS, and one is RHEL5 ( the
DB server). Due to PCI regulations the DB server cannot have any direct
access to the internet (inbound, or outbound).

Do you think the best practice would be to run a reverse-proxy from the
firewall CentOS machine to the rhn update servers, then connect the DB
to that.. or do RHEL have a more sophisticated method. (As I doubt I'm
the only one person running a PCI compliant RHEL5 server).

Looking forward to responses.

Regards,

Andy