[rhn-users] RHN registering 64-bit system to RHEL5 32-bit software channel

Brandon Perkins bperkins at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 22:57:52 UTC 2009

So, if this is purely for evaluation purposes, it shouldn't hurt to
change it to:

x86_64-redhat-linux

and re-register.  But only do this if:

 # uname -mpi

returns:

x86_64 x86_64 x86_64

to be *absolutely* sure you're running a 64-bit version.  I would
strongly recommend working with your Red Hat representative to report
this issue.  They will need to know the specifics on the hardware to
know exactly why anaconda wrote this out instead of what was expected.

Thanks.
Brandon