[rhn-users] RHN Website Questions

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:45:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Joe_Wulf <Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello, just wondering if this group is still alive---if anyone from Red Hat
> is watching.

While there are people from Red Hat watching, this isn't an official
Red Hat support channel. Some help from time to time anyway because
they are nice.

> Testing.........
>
> R,
> -Joe Wulf, CISSP, VCP, USN(RET)
>  Senior IA Engineer
>  ProSync Technology Group, LLC
>  www.prosync.com
>
> ________________________________

What web pages? What directory/file structure? Are you trying to save
a local copy of all the content on RHN that you are entitled to?

> It seems the five entries for MRG (under RHEL5 x32 and x64 bit) are total
> duplicates of each other, down to
> the MD5 sums.  If they are all, literally, the same, why not simply have one
> comprehensive entry?

Stuff has to be organized in some fashion and by architecture makes a
lot of sense. Just because some package might work on i386 and x86_64
doesn't mean it will work on the other supported architectures, right?

John