[rhn-users] View Only in RHNS 5.2?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri May 22 19:28:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Kulish, Chris <ckulish at shazam.net> wrote:
> This has been on my plate for a quite a while and honestly, I haven't been
> able to dedicate much time to it.

Can certainly relate to that :)

> Basically, I need to assign certain users view only rights to certain server
> groups (audit).  Is this possible?
> Whenever I've given group rights to a user, it appears they can alter subs
> and reboot the machines, which I do not want.

There is currently no way to do this, however it is on the roadmap for
Spacewalk (which is the upstream open source project for Satellite).
Here's a link to the doc that they wrote about it -
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/Features/SupportUser

Does this meet your needs? It will likely be in some future version of
Satellite.

> ________________________________
> Attention: This electronic document and associate attachments (if any) may
> contain confidential information of the sender (SHAZAM Network) and is
> intended solely for use by the addresses(s). Review by unintended
> individuals is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient: (i) do not
> read, transmit, copy, disclose, store, or utilize this communication in any
> manner; (ii) please reply to the sender immediately, state that you received
> it in error and permanently delete this message and any attachment(s) from
> you computer and destroy the material in its entirety if in hard copy
> format. If you are the intended recipient, please use discretion in any
> email reply to ensure that you do not confidential information as we cannot
> secure it through this medium. By responding to us through internet e-mail,
> you agree SHAZAM, Inc. and all affiliated companies harmless for any
> unintentional dissemination of information contained in your message. Thank
> you.

This is just wrong on a public list.  There are many free e-mail
services that you could use that do not subject your readers to the
burden of this drivel :)