[rhn-users] Stay on minor release

Seth Stone sstone at pinecove.com
Tue Nov 24 17:45:39 UTC 2009

I’ve noticed that with both up2date in RHEL 4 and yum in RHEL 5 my systems are automatically transitioned to the next minor release of the OS.  For example, if I install 5.3 and run “yum update” I will be migrated to 5.4.  Is there any way to designate that you want to update only to the currently installed minor release?

I’m trying to keep some test servers in sync with systems at our hosting provider that use a satellite RHN server that I can’t access from my test servers.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Seth Stone