[rhn-users] Provide a security certificate.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:40:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Pennington, John
<penningt at uchastings.edu> wrote:
> The command I am running is just rhn_register. When I go through the menu
> options it is asking me to specify an ssl certificate to connect to the
> red-hat page.  The system clock is updated and I just did a default install
> of Red Hat changing nothing.
>
> The package rhn-quiet-tools is not installed for some reason. According to
> red-hat this could be my problem, although I’m at a loss to understand, why
> that wouldn’t have been installed initially.

You are looking for the rhn-client-tools package, not rhn-quiet-tools.
This package includes the certificate you need to communicate with RHN
and it is stored in /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT (this is the
certificate that should be pointed to in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date as
I mentioned before).

John