[rhn-users] Re: RHN Hosted web session expires too quickly

daryl herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Wed Sep 16 12:22:01 UTC 2009

Well howdy again,

In case anybody was curious to reproduce this, here are the challenging
steps:

  1) Locate a stop watch.  It need not be a fancy one, my 1980s vintage
     Casio wristwatch was up for the task.
  2) Log into RHN (be sure to have all the "Your RHN" modules disabled so
     that your login does not time out).
  3) Start the stopwatch!
  4) Surf the RHN website.  Check out how it took RHN a week to schedule
     RHEL5.4 . Look at all of your systems and think warm thoughts about
     how all of your information about your open source systems are stored
     by Red Hat in a proprietary database.
----> you are logged out in between your feverish clicking. Yell: "Boom!"
  5) Look at your stopwatch, it will say somewhere around  16 minutes and 45
     seconds.

Enjoy!

daryl