[rhn-users] Valid Entitlement; RHN Connections Fail/Timeout

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Thu Jan 21 01:08:22 UTC 2010

I have an RHEL 5.4 system that's got a valid RHN entitlement, but which
can't seem to connect with RHN:

[root at www ~]# yum list updates
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin
There was an error communicating with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
Error communicating with server. The message was:
timed out

[takes about five minutes to time out]

Our other systems don't have any trouble connecting, just this one. It
is our firewall, so it's the only system on the "outside" network;
internal connections come via NAT through the firewall. I've recycled
both rhnsd and yum-updatesd, w/o results.

Ideas?
--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.	|   5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting	|   Owings Mills, MD 21117
http://www.come-here.com/News/	|   tkevans at tkevans.com