[rhn-users] User and Group Quota setting in Red hat

Mahalingam, Selva SMahalingam at syntellect.com
Wed Mar 17 09:27:53 UTC 2010

Hi All,

                I am trying setup quota for users using group quota.

                Example: Dev    - 1 GB limit
                                Support  - 500 MB

                I did the setup as below:

1.       Created group

2.       Assign quota limit for the user

3.       Created user with the group

/etc/fstab was set for user and group quota.

But group quota failed to apply to user. When I assign quota for user, it works fine.

Please advise me to resolve the issue.

I appreciate your helps. Thanks in advance.

Selva Mahalingam