[rhn-users] SELinux problem

cbarnard cbarnard at rush.edu
Thu Oct 21 21:18:09 UTC 2010

I am not sure if this forum is appropriate for SELinux questions or not.
If this is inappropriate, let the flames begin.

I have a RH5 server with SELinux in 'notify but not enforcing' mode.
The reason is that cron complains about the various scripts that I have
created and put into cron.  One of the many entries in /var/log/cron:

Oct 21 15:05:01 rudu-cmprod crond[10726]: (root) NULL security context for user,
 but SELinux in permissive mode, continuing ()
Oct 21 15:05:01 rudu-cmprod crond[10727]: (root) CMD (/opt/local/scripts/routine
.check.sh)

It clearly has a problem with the /opt/local/scripts/routine.check.sh.
I have run  'fixfiles -F relabel /opt/local/scripts/routine.check.sh'
but that changes nothing.  I have two other servers that should be
identical except that they are not reporting any errors and so SELinux
is in enforcing mode.

Any ideas why I cannot convince this one server that it is ok to run
these scripts from cron?

--
Christopher L. Barnard
Comment your code as though the maintainer will be a homicidal maniac