[rhn-users] RHEL5.1 support for 1900x1200 resolution

ankur goel ankur_goel79 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 05:00:40 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,
              I have RHEL5.1 installed on my desktop and the max screen resolution that works is 1600x1200 even though higher resolutions are available and are supported by my monitor - 24' inch HP LP2475w. Higher resolutions worked perfectly when I had Ubuntu Linux installed but not anymore. Here is the monitor and device section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        ModelName    "LCD Panel 1920x1200"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 90.0
        VertRefresh  59.9 - 60.1
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "vesa"
EndSection

Anybody faced the same issue and knows the fix ?

Thanks
- at nkur