[rhn-users] Release Notes for RHN 6.0.0?

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 16:56:20 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 05:00 PM, inode0 wrote:
> Since the release of 6.0.0 I have noticed a number of dramatic changes
> in RHN. For instance on the old Classic RHN user tab you no longer see
> a link to create a new user. When one actually finds the location of
> the new user stuff there are new permissions in addition to the old
> roles that used to be available.
>
> One thing I can't find anywhere is any documentation about these
> changes. Where are the release notes? The admin guide? What do these
> new permissions actually enable/disable for users? For some they seem
> pretty obvious, like access to the knowledge base. For others I have
> no idea what they do.
>
> Is new documentation coming soon? Or is it available and I just can't find it?
>
> John

I do not have all details. But I am told:

"
In parallel with outage this weekend, documentation has been updated for
clients to reference including:

- new release notes
- updated API documentation
- updated reference guide

Find the latest at the RHN documentation channel in the Customer Portal:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_Network/
"

So it seems that there was a lag time in getting this information
public. Hopefully you will find it helps.

Cliff