[rhn-users] Release Notes for RHN 6.0.0?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:15:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:42 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Cliff Perry <cperry at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I do not have all details. But I am told:
>>
>> "
>> In parallel with outage this weekend, documentation has been updated for
>> clients to reference including:
>>
>> - new release notes
>> - updated API documentation
>> - updated reference guide
>>
>> Find the latest at the RHN documentation channel in the Customer Portal:
>> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_Network/
>> "
>>
>> So it seems that there was a lag time in getting this information
>> public. Hopefully you will find it helps.
>
> Well, that is one of the places I looked. I still cannot access any
> new documentation explaining changes in RHN 6.0.0 at that location.
> There is a link to release notes but it has returned 404 since it
> showed up. The reference guide is still 5.0.0.

Ok, the release notes showed up but don't really tell us anything
about the new stuff in 6.0.0.

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/Red_Hat_Network/6.0.0_Release_Notes/

The Reference Guide is still stuck at 5.0.0. Will there be a new
Reference Guide or can we at least get an explanation of the new user
permission settings that seem to all be just turned on by default?

John