[rhos-list] Folsom - any chance ?

Daniel Dumitriu daniel at dumdan.com
Fri Nov 16 09:49:59 UTC 2012

Everything that the guide suggested, actually works.
Surprisingly well, actually.

I did not try to be original, up to now, because my purpose was to
evaluate/validate the solution "as is".

Well, that's not entirely true  - I scripted the whole build procedure
to the point where it takes less than 20 minutes from a "jeos" to all
the components installed on a single node.
(Of course, I had to script the tear-down procedure, as well).
Also, for the "Volumes", I used a real, permanent "nova-volumes" LVM
volume group as backing storage.

I believe I went through the procedure at least 20 times, with small
variations, scripting everything up to creating a set of VMs, assigning
floating IPs and attaching volumes.

Now, I need to ask: is Folsom going to come anytime soon ?
And, related, are we going to see a proper integration of OVS with
libvirt ?
Of course, I am interested in the implementations for RHEL and not so
much those on Fedora 17+. Frankly, if there are any major components
missing, those would be (in my opinion) OVS (from Quantum) and the
shared storage (probably Cinder).

Is there any way we can help ?

Daniel

--