[rhos-list] Folsom - any chance ?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 21:57:05 UTC 2012

On 11/16/2012 04:49 AM, Daniel Dumitriu wrote:

> Everything that the guide suggested, actually works.
> Surprisingly well, actually.
>
> I did not try to be original, up to now, because my purpose was to
> evaluate/validate the solution "as is".
>
> Well, that's not entirely true  - I scripted the whole build procedure
> to the point where it takes less than 20 minutes from a "jeos" to all
> the components installed on a single node.
> (Of course, I had to script the tear-down procedure, as well).
> Also, for the "Volumes", I used a real, permanent "nova-volumes" LVM
> volume group as backing storage.
>
> I believe I went through the procedure at least 20 times, with small
> variations, scripting everything up to creating a set of VMs, assigning
> floating IPs and attaching volumes.
>

> Now, I need to ask: is Folsom going to come anytime soon ?

Just released :)

> And, related, are we going to see a proper integration of OVS with libvirt ?
> Of course, I am interested in the implementations for RHEL and not so
> much those on Fedora 17+. Frankly, if there are any major components
> missing, those would be (in my opinion) OVS (from Quantum) and the
> shared storage (probably Cinder).

Cinder is included in Folsom Preview from the start

OVS support in Quantum won't come until RHEL 6 kernel supports it, which
should be in the very near future.  So look for updates soon for
openvswitch userspace packages and quantum OVS sub-packages.

RHEL 6.4 version of libvirt will have OVS support built into it as well.
 So just hold tight, it's around the corner :)

Perry