[rhos-list] Hooks/plugins in Openstack NOVA

Kumar Vaibhav vaibhav.k.agarwal at in.com
Thu Nov 22 07:42:08 UTC 2012

Hi Russell,Thanks a lot for the pointer. I think this will solve my problem. Sorry to trouble you more, but can you please direct me to some sample notification receiver.I know python but no nothing about this messaging system. So if you can give me a sample notification receiver I will adopt it to my needs.I see some of the information missing which is required for me.  there is no data available about the MAC Address of the VIFs associated with instance.Even the Reference manual of API is not working for getting this data. I referred http://api.openstack.org/apireference.htmlv2/{tenantid}/servers/{serverid}/virtualinterfacesRegards,Vaibhav Original message From:"Russell Bryant"< rbryant at redhat.com >Date: 21 Nov 12 18:23:35Subject: Re: [rhoslist] Hooks/plugins in Openstack NOVATo: rhoslist at redhat.comOn 11/20/2012 11:23 PM, Kumar Vaibhav wrote:> Hi,> > I want to add execute some custom scripts, which make entries in my> existing> authentication/authorisation system, at the st
 art of boot of the VM> instance.> > This script can be run on cloud nova manager(preferred) or nova compute> node.> > How to add this script in the openstacknova?> Is there any provision of creating/defining hooks in NOVA?Nova does not have any hook support currently.However, it does have anasynchronous notifications system that could be used for this.Here isa wiki page that shows the data that comes in the notifications forcreating and deleting an instance:http://wiki.openstack.org/SystemUsageData#compute.instance.create.start.2BAC8.end:To enable notifications in Folsom, you set the notificationdriver inthe [DEFAULT] section of nova.conf.notificationdriver=nova.openstack.common.notifier.rabbitnotifierThere is also a log file based notifier, but I suspect the messagingbased notifier better suits your needs.Also, while the notifier isnamed "rabbitnotifier", it actually applies to whatever is configuredas the "rpcbackend".So, it works with Qpid, as well. Russell Bryantrhoslist