[rhos-list] Redhat OpenStack Swift

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 22:24:02 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 10:57 PM, David Hernandez wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I subscribed to the RedHat OpenStack Preview in order to install a test
> instance of Swift (Object Server).  I wanted to build an All-In-One
> instance similar to the Ubuntu Swift-All-In-One version.  However, once
> I downloaded the OpenStack packages I found that Swift was not included
> in the release.  Is it possible to get a RedHat version of OpenStack
> Swift?  I tried installing the RedHat packages by following the Fedora
> instructions in the Ubuntu SAIO document but was unable to find all of
> the required packages in the RedHat OpenStack repository.

There are some earlier threads on rhos-list that may be worth taking a
look at.

What people seem to be hitting is the requirement that in order to
download packages from the RHOS RHN repository, you must have a valid
subscription applied for RHEL to your host.

Take a look at this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhos-list/2012-September/msg00066.html

And let me know what the output of the commands are.  It should point us
in the correct direction to explain why you cannot access the packages.

Perry