[rhos-list] Quantum config questions.

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 02:56:07 UTC 2013

On 04/18/2013 07:31 PM, Perry Myers wrote:
> On 04/17/2013 10:33 AM, Minton, Rich wrote:
>> Question for you smart people…
> I don't qualify for that comment, but I've included the other quantum
> developers on cc: to weigh in :)
>
> Just to note though, the entire quantum development team is presently at
> OpenStack Summit in Portland, busy trying to figure out what we're going
> to do in Havana, so responses may be slightly delayed.
>
> Perry
>

>> I have Openstack configured to use Quantum networking. I thought I had
>> all the entries needed in nova.conf but when I run “nova-manage config
>> list” some of the values aren’t getting picked up from my nova.conf
>> file. Also, based on the fact that I’m using Quantum Networking are
>> there additional config items that I should uncomment in nova.conf?

I am not familiar with the command that you are invoking. I have a few
questions regarding the quantum configuration:
1. Did you run the quantum helper installation scripts, for example
quantum-server-setup? These configure the relevant configuration values
in the nova conf file
2. There is a fedora wiki explaining these
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Quantum (this is for the latest version
but the script commands are the same)
3. Which plugin are you using?  The nova configuration file should have
configurations which are specific to the plugin

Thanks
Gary