[rhos-list] Announcing RDO

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat Apr 27 01:13:05 UTC 2013

On 04/17/2013 03:20 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The RDO community site is now live!
>
> RDO is Red Hat's community-supported distribution of OpenStack
> for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and its clones, and for Fedora. The site is
> now online at:
>
> 	http://openstack.redhat.com
>
> What we've announced is two things:
>
> * We are providing well integrated, easy to install packages of
> OpenStack Grizzly for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, and equivalent
> versions of CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc, and for Fedora 18.
> * We have released a website at openstack.redhat.com to grow a community
> of OpenStack users on Red Hat platforms
>
> If you are interested in trying out OpenStack Grizzly on RHEL, or other
> Enterprise Linux distributions, then you are welcome to install it, join
> our forums and share your experiences. For those who prefer mailing
> lists to forums, we also have a mailing list, rdo-list:
>
> What does this mean for Red Hat OpenStack users, and subscribers to
> rhos-list?
>
> The short answer is that this adds a new option for you. If you would
> like to install a community supported OpenStack Grizzly distribution on
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS or Scientific Linux in anticipation of
> a future Red Hat supported Grizzly-based product, then RDO is a good
> choice. If you are interested in deploying enterprise-hardened Folsom on
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux, then Red Hat OpenStack early adopter Edition
> is a great choice, and rhos-list is the best place to get help with that.
>
> You can read more about the RDO announcement at
> http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/2013/4/red-hat-advances-its-openstack-enterprise-and-community-technologies-and-roadmap
>
> Thanks,
> Dave.

Dave,

There is a Keystone discussion and I am not able to respond to it:
http://openstack.redhat.com/forum/discussion/54/grizzly-install-failed/p1
Is there some higher level permission I need?  My username is admiyo
and email ayoung at redhat.com .  I'd like to be able to respond in forum,
but I see at the bottom of the page "Commenting not allowed"