[rhos-list] Nova-network v.s. Quantum in Openstack preview

Shixiong Shang (shshang) shshang at cisco.com
Tue Feb 5 20:45:12 UTC 2013

Hi, experts:

I am trying to install Redhat Openstack 2.0 (Folsom) preview on RHEL 6.4 beta. According to the Getting Started Guide, I can use "packstack" tool to automate the installation. However, I noticed that a few parameters in the tool still refer to "nove-network" as shown below.

CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_HOST
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_PUBIF
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_PRIVIF
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_FIXEDRANGE
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_FLOATRANGE

Does that mean the setup will still run on top of nova-network, or nova-network will use quantum client plugin to communicate with Quantum server?

In addition, I don't see any quantum related parameters are included in the tool. When will it be available?

Furthermore, does the tool support sub interface with VLAN TAGGING enabled, such as eth2.277?

Thanks!

Shixiong

[cid:042D1C3B-E4F9-4826-940D-24F41AF35AA8]

Shixiong Shang
Solution Architect
WWSP Digital Media Distribution
Advanced Services