[rhos-list] RHOS at Linux.conf.au last week in Canberra

Steven Ellis sellis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 02:24:16 UTC 2013

I Just wanted to thank the various Red Hatters at LCA in Canberra last
week. A number of attendee's commented about the sheer number of Red Hat
people that appear to be involved in OpenStack which was great.

I'd recommend anyone who is interested to take a look at the schedule as
a number of the talks are now available in video form
 - http://linux.conf.au/programme/schedule
 -
https://lca2013.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/CloudDistributedStorageandHighAvailability
 - https://lca2013.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/OpenStack
 - http://linux.conf.au/schedule/30131/view_talk?day=friday
 - http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013 - Videos (not all
online yet)

I'd like to give a particular shout out to Steve and Angus who presented
a session on Heat.

Some Miniconf sessions I'd recommend are
 -
https://lca2013.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/OpenStack#NeCTAR_Research_Cloud:_OpenStack_in_production
 -
https://lca2013.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/OpenStack#Bare_metal_provisioning_with_OpenStack
 -
https://lca2013.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/CloudDistributedStorageandHighAvailability#The_Grand_Distributed_Storage_Debate:_GlusterFS_and_Ceph_going_head_to_head

A couple of comments from some of the OpenStack leads present at the event.
 - Red Hat have provided great governance and guidance, in particular
helping clean up the duplication across various projects
 - They need an easier way to spin up Red Hat instances for testing the
recent OpenStack builds

My personal view is we need to play some catch up within the OpenStack
community. There is a lot of Ubuntu and a lot of Ceph, leaving
Gluster/RHS out in the cold and very little mention of RHEL or Fedora.

Just my thoughts

Steve
--
Steven Ellis