[rhos-list] Installing Openstack Essex on isolated RHEL 6.2 cluster

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:43:54 UTC 2013

Derrick
you seem to have crossed the message streams here so im going to
respond in the original chain

Well if you have Satellite already absolutely by all means use it!
Spacewalk is cool for managing other distros like Fedora, Cent OS,
Suse, Scientific Linux but if you have a choice for RHEL use
Satellite.
Also if you are using it for educational purposes in a university,
continuing education, or internal training environment, Spacewalk
might also be useful to teach your students how to configure and use
it because the skills would directly apply to administrating future
versions of Satellite and SUSE Manager (Novels Satellite Clone built
on Spacewalk).

The Essex packages are a different channel than the Folsom packages.
Unfortunately I'm not sure if that channel is still available which
may explain why you don't see them.