[rhos-list] floating IP not reachable

Nicolas VOGEL nvogel67 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:05:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just installed a new all-in-one controller without quantum. Everything works fine and now I wan't to use floating IPs like described here: http://openstack.redhat.com/Floating_IP_range. I want to use my second NIC (em2) for this purpose. For the installation, I use my first NIC (em1) and packstack automatically created a bridge (br100).

I deleted the default network and created a new one, which is matching the subnet on which em2 is connected. After that I modified the public_interface in the nova.conf to em2 and also the floating_range with the subnet I just created. I didn't modify the flat_interface and let the default value (lo).

I just enabled the em2 interface but didn't assign any IP address to it.

I added two rules to the default group to allow ping and SSH.

I can start VMs and they got an internal IP address (from 192.168.32.0/22). I can also associate a floating IP to each VM. But I'm unable to ping a floating IP.

If someone has any idea to resolve the problem it would be very helpful.

And if someone has a configuration who runs correctly I would be interested how you configured your network interfaces and your nova.conf.

Thanks,  Nicolas.

Here’s an output from my nova.conf :

public_interface=em2

default_floating_pool=nova