[rhos-list] Instance in shutdown state.

Minton, Rich rich.minton at lmco.com
Wed Jun 19 14:48:17 UTC 2013

RHOS community,

I'm having a problem where if a compute node panics and reboots itself then all of the instances that were running on that node come up as Status = Error and State = Shutdown. I can set the instance to"Active" using "nova reset-state -active" but I cannot seem to get the instance to come out of Shutdown state. I have tried "nova reboot -hard" but they will not come out of shutdown. This happened on two different compute nodes.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Rick

Richard Minton
LMICC Systems Administrator