[rhos-list] Metadata redux.

Minton, Rich rich.minton at lmco.com
Thu May 2 16:54:22 UTC 2013

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Just need some clarification on implementing metadata when using Quantum.

I have the following Openstack configuration:

1 Controller/compute node running Keystone, compute, cinder, nova-api for metadata, glance, Horizon, Openvswitch, L2-agent (and depending on the answer to this email, the L3-agent).
1 Network node running  openvswith and dhcp agents
3 Compute nodes running compute, cinder, openvswitch, and L2-agent

Two NICs - one NIC, eth0 is setup to carrie three VLANs, one for host management network, one for Storage network, and one for external datacenter traffic.  The other NIC, eth1 is for VM to VM communications and for VMs to access external networks. Eth1 has br-int interface.  We currently have no br-ex interface defined.

We are using a "flat" provider network for VMs.

Is there a way to reach Metadata service without using the Quantum L3 agent? If not can I attach br-ex to the same interface as br-int or can I just use NATs to route through br-int?

Let me know if you need more information... config files, etc.

Thank you,
Rick

Richard Minton
LMICC Systems Administrator