[rhos-list] EXTERNAL: Re: Questions about Quantum.

Minton, Rich rich.minton at lmco.com
Thu May 9 13:00:14 UTC 2013

Gary,

I was hoping you could shed some light on what I'm seeing.  I was doing some comparison between my controller/compute node and another compute node - using "nova-manage config list". I noticed some configuration entries that look like they are leftovers from Nova Network. When I created our Openstack cluster originally I used packstack to start and then converted from Nova Network to Quantum. Is it possible that some of these leftover config entries are causing conflicts with Quantum Networking? Some of the questionable entries are:

network_manager = nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
network_topic = network
dhcpbridge = /usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
num_networks = 1
dhcpbridge_flagfile = ['/usr/share/nova/nova-dist.conf', '/etc/nova/nova.conf']
instance_dns_manager = nova.network.dns_driver.DNSDriver
auto_assign_floating_ip = False
routing_source_ip = 10.255.254.36
networks_path = /var/lib/nova/networks
floating_range = 4.4.4.0/24
flat_network_dns = 8.8.4.4
floating_ip_dns_manager = nova.network.dns_driver.DNSDriver
public_interface = eth0
network_size = 256
fixed_range = 10.0.0.0/8
default_floating_pool = nova

I also saw some entries from Nova Volume but I'll leave that for another time.

Thank you,
Rick