[rhos-list] Libvirt Error (warning).

Laine Stump lstump at redhat.com
Thu May 23 23:13:25 UTC 2013

On 05/23/2013 04:50 PM, Dave Allan wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 02:58:21PM -0400, Perry Myers wrote:
>> On 05/23/2013 02:28 PM, Minton, Rich wrote:
>>> Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it… if it needs to be
>>> fixed? These are from “libvirtd.log”
>>>

>>> warning : qemuDomainObjTaint:1377 : Domain id=6 name='instance-000000f8'
>>> uuid=d5d6e9a4-10d0-41d1-b9ec-4d331ed70478 is tainted: high-privileges
>>>

>>> I also get these errors:
>>>

>>> error : virNWFilterDHCPSnoopEnd:2131 : internal error ifname
>>> "tap6197909b-f6" not in key map
>>>
>>> error : virNetDevGetIndex:653 : Unable to get index for interface
>>> tap6197909b-f6: No such device
>>>
>> Dan or Dave, can you shed light on this?
>>
>> Perry
> A quick look at the code suggests it should be harmless.  Laine, can
> you give a deeper answer on what causes it?

It's a harmless error during teardown of a nwfilter rule - the tap
device used for dhcp snooping has already been removed, and part of the
teardown tries to use it. However, the code does do the right thing if
the tap device no longer exists, it just happens to needlessly complain
in the process.

There is actually a patch to eliminate this complaint, sent to the
upstream libvirt list last month by the main nwfilter author (Stefan
Berger from IBM). I ACKed the patch soon after he sent it, but for some
reason he didn't push it. I asked him in IRC awhile ago if he wanted me
to push it for him, but he logged off before replying, so I'll send him
mail about it.