[rhos-list] EXTERNAL: Re: Red Hat Linux VM freezes.

Brent Eagles beagles at redhat.com
Fri May 24 21:58:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 05/24/2013 07:06 PM, Minton, Rich wrote:
> Rolling back the kernel and libvirt broke everything and I had reinstall the latest versions.

Yes, that is not surprising. I probably should have been more clear that
would not be a good thing to do. "Normal" quantum functionality depends
on the network namespaces feature so compromising that would only
complicate things.

>  It looks like it might be a routing problem. Our quantum router
gateway IP is the same as our physical router IP and we think they are
fighting over each other. I'll get my network engineer to look at it on
Monday.

> I'll let you know the outcome.
>
> Rick

I don't know if it will have any affect whatsover, but you might
consider changing the sysctl variable "net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter"
to 0 (it is 1 by default in RHEL). I doubt whether it will change things
here, but when "routing" comes up in multi-interface environment, I
always give it a shot.

Cheers,

Brent