Re: true-tyxpe fonts on roswell

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

>Well, I don't think it will be entered to 7.2 final - but here goes..
>
>Mandrake got this nice little utility that can pull fonts from Windows and
>add them automatically to the X font server (whatever it's xfs or X own's
>font server)...
>
>Wouldn't it be nice if Redhat could integrate it? after all, most of the
>Linux users got a Windows partition at the same machine - so you can kill
>this problem easily ;)

Hi Hetz,

I've considered something not unlike that, as well as a script to
pull fonts from M$ website as I think SuSe does, however those
need to be explored first.  If something official doesn't get
into the distro, I will likely make an unofficial
somethingorother on my ftp space or elsewhere sometime.