Re: true-tyxpe fonts on roswell

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Well, I don't think it will be entered to 7.2 final - but here goes..
>
> Mandrake got this nice little utility that can pull fonts from Windows and
> add them automatically to the X font server (whatever it's xfs or X own's
> font server)...

I don't like this idea (anything that encourages installing (or keeping
around) Windows is bad).

I think we need a more generic approach (it doesn't take much except
copying the font files to the right directories - the xfs startup script
takes care of the rest).

The hardest part is coming up with a simple and yet effective way to show
the user what he's trying to do (and to hack up some way to preview a
font).

LLaP
bero