Re: true-tyxpe fonts on roswell

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 08:14:29AM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I've considered something not unlike that, as well as a script to
> pull fonts from M$ website as I think SuSe does, however those
> need to be explored first.  If something official doesn't get
> into the distro, I will likely make an unofficial
> somethingorother on my ftp space or elsewhere sometime.

http://freshmeat.net/webFonts4Linux

This requires cabextract, and downloads/installs the win32 fonts from
MS, which is a better collection than the 16bit that is unpackable
with zip.

I just had a friend convert NT -> RH, and the very first thing out of
his mouth was 'WTF is wrong with NS fonts'.

BTW, not everybody has a Win partition. I'd prefer the download
solution myself.

--
Hal B
 hal foobox net