Re: true-tyxpe fonts on roswell

On Wednesday 08 August 2001 09:55 am, Hal Burgiss wrote:

> http://freshmeat.net/webFonts4Linux
>
> This requires cabextract, and downloads/installs the win32 fonts from
> MS, which is a better collection than the 16bit that is unpackable
> with zip.

Another one is:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/sourceforge//crux//xf86tools-0.1-47.i386.html
It was written for Suse linux, but works fine with minor editing of the
included script. (It requires editing the path to /usr/bin/ttmkfdir, in
2 places, as the script looks for it in /usr/X11R6/bin/ttmkfdir) The
script that requires editing is /usr/X11R6/bin/fetchmsttfonts.

The package contains cabextract, and automates the install of the
downloaded fonts. You do have to manually add the new fonts to the font
server's path with chkfontpath.
I added the following line to the end of the script:
/usr/sbin/chkfontpath -f -a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype

As I understand it, and IANAL, use of the fonts does not violate
Microsoft's EULA. RedHat can't distribute them, but individuals can use
them.

Mozilla looks great with decent true type fonts, by the way. ;)

-D