Re: soundblaster troubles

>From somewhere in the ether on Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:05:49 +0200 (CEST) Michael Schwendt <mschwendt yahoo com> wrote:
-> >
-> >yes, modprobe sb yeilds the same errors.
->
-> Sure about that? Please double-check. I bet you no longer get any
-> unresolved dependencies, but just the "incorrect module parameters"
-> error. This makes a big difference. Well, in both cases your sound
-> doesn't work yet. But since "modprobe sb" installs all depending
-> modules, it is up to correct soundcard config parameters for the
-> driver to work.

Your absolutely correct, either way my sound isn't working. :-) Actually, your right on both counts, the dependency errors disappear, but I am still left with non-functioning sound. I have tried many different io/irq/dma combinations, and none of them seem to make the 'sb' driver happy. This card is a known good device, as I have heard sound from it many times. I have also tried the OSS drivers, and they also failed. I am at a loss as to what to do. I am also wondering why no one from Red Hat has come forth to offer suggestions.

->
->
->
-> Roswell-list mailing list