Re: soundblaster troubles

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 03:00:17PM -0600, Michael Young wrote:

> >From somewhere in the ether on Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:05:49 +0200 (CEST) Michael Schwendt <mschwendt yahoo com> wrote:
> -> >
> -> >yes, modprobe sb yeilds the same errors.
> ->
> -> Sure about that? Please double-check. I bet you no longer get any
> -> unresolved dependencies, but just the "incorrect module parameters"
> -> error. This makes a big difference. Well, in both cases your sound
> -> doesn't work yet. But since "modprobe sb" installs all depending
> -> modules, it is up to correct soundcard config parameters for the
> -> driver to work.
>
> Your absolutely correct, either way my sound isn't working. :-) Actually, your right on both counts, the dependency errors disappear, but I am still left with non-functioning sound. I have tried many different io/irq/dma combinations, and none of them seem to make the 'sb' driver happy. This card is a known good device, as I have heard sound from it many times. I have also tried the OSS drivers, and they also failed. I am at a loss as to what to do. I am also wondering why no one from Red Hat has come forth to offer suggestions.

Did you get the e-mail I sent you earlier, with the list of questions?
I need information, e.g. the output of pnpdump.

As for "why no one from Red Hat has come forth"...

- We're extremely busy at the moment. :-)
- I'm from Red Hat.
- This isn't necessarily a "no brainer" to fix. Its not like a "oh just
  type "blob" and you'll be fine."

Let me know if you did or didn't get my e-mail earlier.

Regards,

DS..