Re: Price Deception RH 7.2

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Jim Toth wrote:

>Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:19:01 -0400
>From: Jim Toth <jtoth megrez org>
>To: roswell-list redhat com
>Subject: Re: Price Deception RH 7.2
>
>On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 11:12:57AM -0400, radfaraf
>(radfaraf optonline net) said:
>> Its in no way deceptive. It says Mail-in-upgrade Rebate. They usually require
>> you to send in the UPC code and a copy of the receipt.
>
>They normally want you to send in the UPC code of the product you just
>bought, though.  Expecting UPC's of *previous versions* of the product
>is a bit odd.

That makes zero sense.  If you were to send in the UPC code of
the product you just bought, then *everyone* would send it in,
wether or not they bought the product previously.

You need to have some proof of upgrade.  I think the rebate for
upgrade is a fantastic thing for previous customers, to show our
loyalty to them as they show theirs to us.