Re: SuSe flavor.

Liguo Song schrieb:

> I just found out that there was another flavor of rpm package other than
> RedHat and Mandrake out there. It is SuSe. The rpm package of this kind
> only have the package in the file name, without the version nubmers, eg
> rpm.rpm. @O@
>
> Forgive my ignorance. Is SuSe using an alien RPM?  Is it safe to install
> a SuSe rpm package onto a RedHat box??

I would'nt do it. SuSE RPMs don't follow the same file location rules as
RedHat. E.g. they place initscripts in /sbin/init.d instead of
/etc/rc.d /init.d or /etc/init.d. The initscripts also aren't ntsysv
comliand...

They also cripple the spec-files. SuSE distributions are'nt compatible to
any other distribution ...

--
                                                        _
Tschüss und bis demnächst/à bientôt,                  _|_|_