Whoops, trashed my RPM database going to 4.0

I just upgraded 82 packages to the RawHide version including RPM.  I had been
running 3.0.5 and am now running 4.0.  I upgraded a whole slew of packages and
afterwards 'rpm -qa' returned nothing.  I ran 'rpm --rebuilddb' and it didn't
help.  I then finally looked at the email annoucning rpm-4.0 and saw that it
said I should install rpm and popt together.  I realized that I hadn't
upgraded popt (might have been nice if it had told me there was a dependency),
so I installed it (with a -nodeps flag).  Now 'rpm -qa' tells me that the only RPM
I have installed is popt.

Should I just reinstall everything on top of itself or is there an easier way
to dig myself out of this hole?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.