Re: rpm -i -->> user xxx does not exist using root

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Myles Dolan wrote:

>Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:24:17 +0000
>From: Myles Dolan <dolanm@logica.com>
>To: rpm-list@redhat.com
>Subject: rpm -i -->> user xxx does not exist using root
>

>When installing rpm I get following error
>
>user briank does not exist - using root
>group aldiscon does not exist - using root
>

>The user briank was present on the machine where rpm was constructed but
>not where package was installed
>but how do I get rid of this ugly message without putting files on an
>intermediate staging area and changing user prior to constructing rpms
>
>Any ideas ?

Build the rpm packages using the %defattr and %attr macros to se
file ownership.

      Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
          This message is copyright 2000, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.

"A Firewall is really much like a sophisticated traffic cop; it detects and
stops unauthorized or suspicious movement in or out of the network. But
security is more than a Firewall; it's a process. You can't just put in a
Firewall and think you're secure."