RPMs for AIX 4.3.3 available for downloading

Howdy,
     With a tip of the hat to Jeff Johnson and Tim Mooney for their help
along the way, I'm pleased to (finally) announce the availability of the
"AIX Toolbox for Linux Applications," a collection of free and open source
software which runs on AIX 4.3.3 (and later) Power systems built with gcc
and packaged with RPM, usually based upon RedHat 6.2 spec files.  We used
3.0.5 due to the RPM 4 compatibility and it worked well.  It's unclear exactly
when we'll move up to 4.0*.

     Home page: http://www.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/.
     Download page: http://www.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html.
     FTP site: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox

     There is an rpm.rte installp image containing rpm and supporting utilities
and libs to bootstrap the process.  When rpm.rte installs, it creates and
installs a virtual package to document the shared library support installed
via installp (along with a list of shells).  There is a program provided to
update the virtual package when required.

     As would be expected, the Toolbox contents will be changing often.

Marc
--
Marc Stephenson		                          IBM Server Group - Austin, TX
External:		INTERNET:marc@austin.ibm.com             (512) 838-3189