Re: rpm database problem

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

>> I'm having a bit of trouble with the rpm database. querying it with
>> rpm -q -a gives a nice big list, but querying a specific package, e.g.
>> rpm -q xcdroast[blah] says xcdroast not installed, when the global
>> query clearly lists it. this then prevents me from removing any packages
>> as it thinks they're not installed.
>>
>Don't try to include the version number in the query. Just
>try "rpm -q xcdroast" and that will work beautifully. Same
>thing goes for removing said package. Just include the name
>of the program and forget about the [blah] part. RPM will
>choke on that.

4 root@asdf:~# rpm -q xcdroast-0.96e-1
xcdroast-0.96e-1
4 root@asdf:~# rpm -ql xcdroast-0.96e-1
/usr/bin/xcdroast
/usr/doc/xcdroast-0.96e
/usr/doc/xcdroast-0.96e/COPYING
/usr/doc/xcdroast-0.96e/Changes

No choking here.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Want to try a new high performance open source web server?  Try Caudium!
http://caudium.org            http://caudium.sourceforge.net