Re: [Fwd: Building an RPM from a compiled application]

Ah, I believe that I have figured out both issues.

1) Prefix in the %post script.  I set the Prefix: value in my spec file
to /home/dazel (typically where we install), and made sure that all of
the files in the %files list started with /home/dazel/<rest of the
path>.  Changing the prefix with 'rpm -vv --install --prefix /tmp/dazel'
works fine.

In the %post script, I reference the install directory as
$RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX.  So, to run the perl script I need to run, I do:

%post
cd $RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX/repository/etc
perl ./setperm

and everything works fine.

Now, is that right? (the use of RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX?)  Or is there
another way to do it.  I found RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX by running 'strings'
on rpm and greping for prefix.  Not exactly ideal documentation :-)

2) Files not being removed during erase.  Um, actually, the files are
being removed.  The directories are not, however, but I imagine that
this is intentional.  It just happens that in my case, I expect to *not*
install into /usr/bin (or whatever), so it would be OK to remove the
directories.

Thanks for everyone's help,
- Bill