--test and scripts

I always test-install a package before really installing it to watch
for surprises. Today I tried upgrading wu-ftpd and during my test phase
a script ran that deleted the wuftpd line from my /etc/conf.linuxconf.
This was quite surprising, as I thought --test would prevent any change
to my system. (I also run the --test as an ordinary user to further
protect myself, and this time it looks like that was a good
precaution.)

Is RPM working as designed, or should I be using some other switch to
suppress scripts while testing?

I also searched the spec file and couldn't find any reference to
conf.linuxconf. Where did that script come from? Is there some way to
know ahead of time what scripts will run and what packages they come
from?

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]