various questions

I am somewhat new to the world of RPM and I have a couple of questions which I can't seem to find doc on.

As part of an bootstrap install process, I install somewhere between 10 and 15 rpm's.  Currently, I do a rpm -Uvh *.rpm within the directory and deal with the consequences.  Obviously that isn't a very robust solution.  What I'd like to is this:

1)  do a pre-check which would display any possible dependency problems before the actuall install is done.

2)  keep track of the order that rpm's are installed so that an uninstall script could be created at install time.  Basically, I would want to 'see' the order of the install, possibly during the pre-check if all is fine.

Hopefully this makes sense.  If not, I'll keep trying to explain.

thanks,
josh