Re: build only subpackage

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Mate Wierdl wrote:

>> The "packaging" of multiple subpackages usually follows the
>> result of "building" _one_ package.  XFree86 for example contains
>> multiple subpackages.  How do you get one of them?  By building
>> XFree86, and deleting the subpackages you do not want.  ;o)
>
>In this case, I am talking about not the actual compilation, but the
>building of the i386.rpm.  There is no problem with %build or
>%install, but since one of the files is not found in
>
>%files sub1
>
>none of the i386 rpms get built.  To be more specific:  I have
>
>%files %{dbase} -f man-list
>%defattr(-, root, root)
>%config %{rcdir}/ezmlm*
>%doc BLURB CHANGES* FAQ.idx INSTALL INSTALL.idx  README*
>%doc THANKS TODO UPGRADE.idx
>%doc DOWNGRADE.idx ezmlmrc ezmlmrc.[a-zA-Z]*  ezman*
>%dir %{ezroot}
>%dir %{ezroot}/*
>%{ezroot}/bin/*
>
>%files cgi
>%defattr(-, root, root)
>%doc INSTALL.idx INSTALL.cgi ezcgirc ezcgi.css
>%attr(0444,root,root) %ezcgi/*
>%{ezroot}/man/man1/ezmlm-cgi.1.gz
>

>Since %{ezroot}/man/man1/ezmlm-cgi.1.gz does not get found, none of
>ezmlm-idx-mysql (in the user's case %dbase=mysql) and ezmlm-idx-cgi
>i386.rpm gets built.

Aha! Now that you've posted the non-generalized problem, the
correct solution can be found!

Change the line that says:

%{ezroot}/man/man1/ezmlm-cgi.1.gz

%{ezroot}/man/man1/ezmlm-cgi.1*

All manpages should be put in the %files sections in this manner
in order to work properly regardless of RPM version.

If this is done, the package will build correctly, barring other
problems.

Hope this helps.
TTYL

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
And the lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou write thy holy
code. Indenting shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shalt be the spaces thou shalt count, and the number of the
counting shalt be three.  Four shalt thou not count, nor count
thou two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Eight is
right out.  Once the number three, being the third number be
reached, shalt thou move towards indenting thy next line ..