From: Ziying Sherwin [mailto:sherwin@nlm.nih.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:04 AM
To: rpm-list@redhat.com
Subject: How to build and install a relocatable package with RPM 4.0.2

I tried to build and install a relocatable package with RPM. In the Spec
file,
I defined

Prefix: /depot/package

In the %file list, I specified each file with path
/depot/package/<packagename>/<filename>

After built the package, I tried to install it by using command:

rpm -i --nodeps --prefix /tmp/tmp/ww <rpm filename>

However, instead of install the package to /depot/package/<packagename>
directory, RPM only creates a file /tmp/tmpww.

What is going on here? How to build and install a relocatable RPM package?

Thanks